This web application allows Srikanth Technologies to send mails to students of different batches regarding
upcoming courses and events.
The overall architecure is ASP.NET MVC 5.0 (with C# and Razor) -> DAL (Data Access Layer) ->
LINQ -> SQL Server Database.
This website uses the following tools and technologies.
The following are the major operations in this application.
- Asp.Net MVC 5.0
- Razor engine for presentation
- C# Language
- SQL Server LocalDB
- Visual Studio.NET 2013 Express for Web
- Data Validation Attributes for validation using JQuery
- LINQ to SQL
- Forms Authentication
- Layout and Stylesheets
- Adding new batch
- Adding new student
- Search for batches
- Edit batch
- Delete batch
- List students of a batch
- Send mails to students of selected batches
- List mail history
- Get details of mail history
- Search mail history
Steps to download, deploy and run this project
The following are the steps to be taken to run the existing part of the application. Sql Server database, which contains all required tables, is bundled
along with this application.
- Download EmailSender.rar and unzip it into any directory in your system.
For example, if you extract to c:\ then it will create a directory c:\emailsender.
- Start Visual Studio.NET 2013 Express for Web
- Open the project from the directory into which you extracted the .rar file. For example, c:\emailsender
- Database (st.mdf) is to be created and placed in App_Data.
- Required tables are to be created using tables.sql, which is part of the project
- In order to keep download small, i have removed .dll files from BIN folder and some other unncessary files.
So, project may not run after you open it in Visual Studio.
Add libraries to this project or create another project and copy source code into that new project.
Run project from Visual Studio.NET after you are done with the above procedure.
- In login page, enter password(aspnet) to enter into home page
- Test other options of this application