This web application allows users to store information about their usernames and passwords of other websites.
The overall architecure is ASP.NET MVC 4.0 (with C# and Razor) ->
DAL (Data Access Layer) -> LINQ -> SQL Server Database.
This website uses the following tools and technologies.
The following are the major operations in this application.
- Asp.Net MVC 4.0
- Razor engine for presentation
- C# Language
- SQL Server LocalDB
- Visual Studio.NET 2012 Express for Web
- Data Validation Attributes for validation using JQuery
- Forms Authentication
- Layout and Stylesheets
- Data Access Layer (DAL) to talk to Database through LINQ
- Mail API to send mail
- User Registration
- User Login
- Change password
- Change profile
- Recover password
- Add Account
- Update Account
- Delete Account
- List Accounts
- Search Accounts
Steps to download, deploy and run this project
The following are the steps to be taken to run the existing part of the application. Sql Server database, which contains all required tables, is bundled
along with this application.
- Download MyAccounts.rar and unzip it into any directory in your system.
For example, if you extract to c:\ then it will create a directory c:\myaccounts.
- Start Visual Studio.NET 2012 Express for Web
- Open the project from the directory into which you extracted the .rar file. For example, c:\myaccounts
- Database (myaccounts.mdf) is placed in App_Data and it contains required tables. Tables contain some sample data for testing.
- I also provided tables.sql, which contains commands to create tables. Though not required now, it could be useful in some cases.
- Run project from Visual Studio.NET
- You should see login page
- Use registration page to register new user
- Login with new user and test other options