MyCalendar.Com Using Struts 2 + Hibernate
This website allows users to store their events and keep track of them.
This project is developed using Eclipse Luna
. For NetBeans 8.0
It allows user to do the following:
- Change password
- Add Event
- Delete Event
- Update Event
- List Upcoming Events
- List Past Events
- Search Events
The following screenshot shows home page.
Architecture Of the Project
This project uses Struts 2 + Hibernate
. It uses DAO
(Data Access Objects), which talk to database
So overall architecture is - JSPs (View) -> Action Classes -> DAO -> Hibernate -> Oracle Database.
It uses Tiles
of Struts2 for templating.
Products and technologies used in this project
- Java EE 7.0/6.0
- Oracle 11g Express Edition
- Struts 2.x
- NetBeans IDE 8.0
- Jdk 8.0
- Tomcat 8
Steps to download and deploy this project
Download MyCalendar.rar. The .rar file contains the entire source
code for the project. Unzip the file into c:\ so that c:\mycalendar folder is created with all the components of the project.
- Start Eclipse Luna.
- Select File-> Import . Select Existing Projects in Workspace in Import dialog box.
- Select the folder where you extracted project(ex: c:\mycalendar) as root directory of the project to be imported.
Turn on Copy project into workspace check box to copy project into workspace.
- Copy .jar files shown in the screenshot below to webcontent/WEB-INF/lib folder.
Create mycalendar account with password mycalendar in Oracle11g
Express Edition. This must be done after you log in as SYSTEM user. Then create tables and sequences listed below after connecting to Oracle as
mycalendar. These commands are also present in tables.sql file in your project source code.
- Run login to bring login page.
- Click on Register link and register as a new user.
- Test other options.