MyNotes.Com Using Struts 2 + Hibernate
This website allows users to store important information, called notes, online.
It allows user to do the following:
- Recover password
- Change password
- Add Note
- Delete Note/li>
- Update Note
- List Recent Notes
- Search Notes
Architecture Of the Project
This project uses Struts 2 + Hibernate. It uses DAO (Data Access Objects), which talk to database using Hibernate.
So overall architecture is - JSPs -> Action classes -> DAO -> Hibernate -> Oracle Database.
It uses JavaMail to send mail to user during password recovery.
It uses HTML5 validation.
It uses Tiles of Struts2 for templating.
Products and technologies used in this project
- Java EE 7.0/6.0
- Oracle 11g Express Edition
- Struts 2.x
- NetBeans IDE 7.3
- Jdk 7.0
- Glassfish 4/Tomcat 7
- Mail Server - hMailServer
Steps to download and deploy this project
- Download mynotes.rar. The .rar file contains the entire source
code for the project. Unzip the file into c:\ so that c:\mynotes folder is created with all the components of the project.
- Open the project in NetBeans 7.3
- Go to properties of the project using popup menu. Select libraries node and delete missing libraries using Remove button.
Make sure you have the following libraries:
- Oracle Driver - ojdbc6.jar
- Java Mail API - mail.jar
- Hibernate .jar files
- Struts 2 .jar files
- Create mynotes account with password mynotes in Oracle11g
Express Edition. This must be done after you log in as SYSTEM user. Then create tables and sequences listed below after connecting to Oracle as
mynotes. These commands are also present in tables.sql file in your project source code.
- Run loginOpt to bring loing page.
- Click on Register link and register as a new user.
- Test other options