YourNotes.Com Using JSF 2.2 + Hibernate
This website allows users to store important pieces of data called notes.
It allows user to do the following:
- Recover password
- Change password
- Add Note
- Delete Note
- Update Note
- List Notes
- Search Notes
Architecture Of the Project
This project uses JSF 2.2 + Hibernate. It uses DAO (Data Access Objects), which talk to database using Hibernate.
So overall architecture is - Facelets -> Managed Beans -> DAO -> Hibernate -> Oracle Database.
It uses JavaMail to send mail to user during password recovery.
It uses Restful service to check whether given email address is valid.
It uses HTML5 validation and jQuery to validate user input and to make Ajax request.
Products and technologies used in this project
- Java EE 7.0 - JSF 2.2, Filter, and Java Mail
- Oracle 11g Express Edition
- NetBeans IDE 8.0
- Jdk 8.0
- Glassfish 4 / Tomcat 8
- Mail Server - hMailServer
Steps to download and deploy this project
- Download yournotes.rar. The .rar file contains the entire source
code for the project. Unzip the file into c:\ so that c:\yournotes folder is created with all the components of the project.
- Open the project in NetBeans 8.0
- Go to properties of the project using popup menu. Select libraries
node and delete Oracle .jar file using Remove button. Then add -
Oracle - ojdbc6.jar from your system using Add Jar/Folder option Libraries node.
Do the same for mail.jar.
- Create yournotes account with password yournotes in Oracle11g
Express Edition. This must be done after you log in as SYSTEM user. Then create
tables and sequences listed below after connecting to Oracle as yournotes. These commands are also present in tables.sql file in your project source code.
- Run all/login.xhtml.
- Click on Register link and register as a new user.
- Test other options